Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Feedback

It has been a while since I posted anything, so there is quite a bit to go through, so lets get to it!

rAge
Well, the rAge Expo was a lot of fun, I quite liked it, since it was the first time I was there. What amazed me was the length of the queue when we got there, and it was only 10:30 am!

When we finally got in, we got our goodie bag and first headed for the Food Court, because we organized an informal PSP/DS LAN there. And there actually was people! There was people from Rebound out of Pietermaritzburg, El33tOnline from Durban, and a little later guys from Bloemfontein joined us. All in all we had a blast, we played WipeOut: Pure and Fired up on the PSP, andI even played some Mario Cart on the DS, which was also a whole lot of fun. I wish I had more money to be able to afford both a DS and PSP :(.

The rest of the show was quite interesting too. Of course it was mainly focused on the XBox 360, since it was the official launch event of the console in South Africa, but there was a little bit of DS, PSP and PS2 around, mostly at vendor stands though, Ster_Kinekor
wasn't even at the show! We know that the PS2 is not that good in comparison with the Xbox 360, but still, people have short memories, so if the PS2 is not there, people will forget about it, especially with 360 being at their throats all the time.

We stayed at the expo until it closed at 18:00, by that time we were quite tired, but I went to Flint's place so he could show off his 360 a bit. Played a bit of Oblivion and one or two of the Xbox Live Arcade games, which is also fun if you are gaming on the run! And n
ow with Microsoft releasing their XNA gaming development kit for the 360 and PC, things look quite good.

Oh, here is a bit of an scoop for everyone: Whilst at the EA stand at the Expo, we heard someone whisper that there was an exclusive demo of the creature editor of Spore upstairs. So upstairs we went and after a bit of begging, one of the girls at EA gave us a short demo of the creature Editor. Very impressive to say the least! They allowed us to take some cellphone picures, so here they are for everyone to enjoy!




Having a ball
Now woth my dancing show over, I had to find something else to occupy my time, and to get a bit of exercise.

So, when a friend of mine asked me to go and play action netball with him, I said why not? We have practised a bit already, and it is quite a fast game, played in exactly the same court as action cricket. I am in a mixed team, which means there are 3 men and 4 ladies, and we will be starting on one of the bottom leagues, but that doesn't matter, just to play the game will be fun.
Our first league game is tomorrow, so here's hoping we are not that terrible!

Bits
Other than that nothing else is new, just playing SSX on tour on the PSP, and waiting for Tekken: Dark Ressurrection to come out in this country so I can go and buy it, and waiting for my ship to come in so I can buy myself an XBox 360, so cheers vireers from me!

No comments: