Tuesday, February 07, 2006

PSP Part 2

You'll remember in my previous post I said I will tell you how I got on with my new PSP and cellphone. Well, the PSP was fine, until I found out (quite by accident), that they gave me the wrong one! The movies of PSP's are also divided into zones (a lot like DVDá are), and the Vodacom shop gave me a zone 3 PSP (which is for Asia), instead of a Zone 2 one (which is for Africa and Europe). If it was not for one of my PSP owning friends (Thanks, Flint!), I would have not been any wiser! Until I tried to watch a movie, that is...

So, back to the store it was (again!). Luckily they did not have any problems with exchanging it with a zone 2 unit. The Zone 2 unit also comes with a few extra bits, like the UMD Demo disc (Just a bunch of game videos), and (hopefully) a Spider Man 2 UMD when I register (which I have done, so here is hoping!).

So finally having the correct PSP, I have bought for myself Wipeout Pure as well (on Sale for R249, instead of R399), so I am now playing that. I just see I will need to get a bigger memory stick for all the downloads that are on Wipeout's Website... Time to do some saving up I suppose...

My next mission is getting my new Phone (Ericsson Z520i) to connect with my Pc via an IR link. Here's holding thumbs!

1 comment:

Flint said...

Hey no problem, you can mail me the check ;)
If you're looking for an IR dongle (gotta love that word), you're welcome to buy mine, it's useless for my Siemens :P